I am a senior researcher at the Zurich Empirical Software Engineering Team (ZEST) at the Department of Informatics, University of Zurich (UZH), Switzerland. I obtained my Ph.D. and M.Sc. degrees in Computer Engineering and B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Boğaziçi University, Istanbul. After my Ph.D., I worked as a postdoc fellow at The Open University, United Kingdom, and Ryerson University, Canada. Before joining ZEST, I worked as lecturer (biträdande universitetslektor) at Chalmers | University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- (19.04.2021) Our ICSE'21 paper "Why don’t Developers Detect Improper Input Validation?‘; DROP TABLE PAPERS;" with Larissa Braz, Enrico Fregnan and Alberto Bacchelli has been selected for an ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award .
- (17.03.2021) I will serve on the ASE'21 Program Committee (Tool Track).
- (15.12.2020) Our paper "Why don’t Developers Detect Improper Input Validation?‘; DROP TABLE PAPERS;" with Larissa Braz, Enrico Fregnan and Alberto Bacchelli has been accepted at ICSE'21 (Main Technical Track).
- (14.12.2020) Our paper "How Explicit Feature Traces Did Not Impact Developers’ Memory" with Jacob Krüger, Thorsten Berger and Thomas Leich has been accepted at SANER'21 (RENE Track).
- (12.09.2020) I will serve at CSCW'21 Program Committee serve as an Associate Chair.
- (11.07.2020) Our ICSE'20 paper "Primers or Reminders? The Effects of Existing Review Comments on Code Review" with Davide Spadini and Alberto Bacchelli received an ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Artifact Award .